Thursday, December 17, 2009

If everything you eat, and all types of creams, lotions etc affect your medication, What can you do?

I am on anticoagulant, and every thing affects the medication I take. If my INR is high I have to take less, and if its low I have to take more. Its always in a spin, and I cant just eat anything I want and cant use any creams, lotions etc. I am not even allowed to exercise to get my heart rate up due to steno sis of the aorta valve.If everything you eat, and all types of creams, lotions etc affect your medication, What can you do?
I think you've misunderstood what you've been told. Either that or the person that told you is uneducated.





Only foods containing Vitamin K affect INR levels. Topical lotions/creams do not. Some herbs do interact with warfarin. Many drugs also interfere with INR.





I frequently prescribe warfarin to patients after surgery. A pharmacist always tells them about what he/she can eat.





On return visit, not one has complained about not being able to eat a good diet or use topical creams, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment